Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Moving Day Blues

Moving Day is 10 days away and we are no closer to getting our built-ins done in time. The furniture factory called to say the designs are ready but the quotations are still being worked out.

At the rate things are going, I don't think we will be seeing those bookshelves, display cabinets, wardrobes and kitchen cabinet this side of July.

I was told it takes about three weeks for them to get all the pieces made and assembled. Well, that's ok. I always believe everything happens for a reason. There must be some hikmah (blessing) in being conned, I'm sure!

We lost two weeks due to a con job (see entry We Have Been Conned, Monday June 9, 2008). Although still slightly peeved, we did not hesitate to give the job to the same company. Why burn the kelambu (mosquito net) to spite the nyamuk (mosquito)?

At the very least, the plaster ceiling, the wiring & cabling works and the lightings are all done, the air-conditioners and water heaters installed, and they are going to start on the paint job Thursday. That's a huge relief.

As soon as the paintwork is completed, I shall get professional cleaners to come in and give the place a thorough cleaning. The condo had been vacant for almost a year before we bought it, so it does need a good scrub.

Pak Abu proposed we move as planned, at the end of June, for there is no real reason for any delay. The built-ins can come later; it is a non-issue. I agree.

I am glad Pak Abu and I share a similar approach towards life in general. We are not overly concerned about the nitty-gritty, and we definitely do not lose sleep over keeping up with anyone. Life here on earth is so transitory; it makes no sense to be a prick.

Be that as it may, I do feel a twinge of regret at having to consider sending my precious cats to the SPCA. I love those cats; been taking care of them since they were born.

Lately the two have been overwhelmingly manja; it's as though they know our days as a family are numbered. Oh, I shall not get myself started on this; there's no end to it and I can already feel my eyes watering....




2 comments:

ROSA E OLIVIER said...

Piú giú, in fondo alla Tuscolana...
!?...passvo per un saluto!

Kama At-Tarawis said...

thank you for visiting, even if I do not understand a word you say. cheers!