Saturday, July 16, 2011

Honey Snaps


Honey Snaps.. crunchylicious..


Had been eyeing those leftover cornflakes for weeks (half a box left, since God knows when), recipe at the ready, before deciding to get on with it this afternoon.

There's this recipe book titled "The Big Book of Beautiful Biscuits", a publication of The Australian Women's Weekly, that has been in my possession since the 1980s.


I know it's been that long because my name and the old Malay Mail office telephone numbers 445444 (still 6 digits!), with my extension line, 415, are still discernible on the inside page.

Of all the 100-odd recipes in there, I must have tried only a handful. I guess I bought the book because of the pictures.

Can't really deny that I love looking at those mouth-watering cookies, without bothering to even try making them.

Anyway, those 'eyesore' cornflakes have since morphed into delicious crunchies. Darn easy to make, take it from this greenhorn. The verdict? "Sedap, Ma!" :D

Ingredients
60g (2oz) butter
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp sugar
4 cups cornflakes
90g (3oz) unsalted peanuts *

*I skipped the peanuts because there was none at home : -)

Method
Place butter, honey and sugar into small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until butter has melted.

Combine cornflakes and peanuts in a basin, pour mixture over. Mix until cornflakes and peanuts are well coated.

Place spoonfuls in paper cases. Bake in moderate oven for 8-10 minutes. Stand 15 minutes to firm. Makes 30-35.

1 comment:

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Puteri,
When can we come for tea? Ooooh....Mama's keyboard is wet coz I'm drooling.....!!! har har har *evil laughs*