Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We Have Moved!

We have finally moved. The lorry and four workers arrived 9.00 am Monday and by noon delivery was completed. Not surprising, considering the new place is only three streets away in the same neighbourhood.

Despite discarding all the furniture (save for an almost brand-new sofa bed) and more than half of our accumulated junk, we still ended up with about 40 boxes and an assortment of suitcases and bags.

More than half of those boxes however, contained books and magazines, so I am not complaining. The next task would be to dust them and put them up on the shelves. I'll take my time on this.

Pak Abu, however, is not in the best of moods. he couldn't get the Astro service connected to watch Wimbledon, and the technician is only available tomorrow (Tuesday). Suffice to say he's been cranky all day.

Poor Pak Abu. He was like a little boy in a toy shop the day we went to buy the new TV and home theatre system. He had been testing the sound system all afternoon, in anticipation of watching all the sports channels.

He is now reduced to playing Solitaire on his laptop. As for me, I just don't have the time to worry about Astro. The sight of those stack upon stack of boxes is already driving me nuts.

I spent the entire afternoon 'fixing' the kitchen. I am glad to say it's done although the most important item, the cooker, has yet to be purchased. Maybe tomorrow, if time permits.

It has been a very tiring day. Gute nacht!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis, where is your new place really.I'm at Pelanggi Damansara.Can visit you one of these days.

Kama At-Tarawis said...

lerr, ni sapa..mana aci pakai anonymous aja..lol

call me.. nanti i habaq..:)